Monday, April 25, 2016

Exhaustion and Gratitude

Spring has brought its usual flurry of activity. I am nearly finished up with one wedding and about to dig into the editing for two more, all while doing pre-work and prep for an additional four that are coming up and have yet to be actually shot. That is on top of three boudoir sessions, a handful of portraits, a few engagement sessions, a smattering of head shots, and a couple of other various events and things that need my attention. As always, I am not complaining, because busy is good and busy is completely preferable to bored. I am feeling a deep and yet strangely satisfying form of exhaustion, the type of exhaustion that only comes from knowing that you are getting near the end of one project while several others wait, knowing that a lot of people are relying on you, and feeling intensely glad for all of these things. My job and my life are never boring, never dull, perpetually busy, and always full of blessings. For this, I am grateful despite the deep tiredness inherent in these things and this workload. I can handle it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment