Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Another New Year

I usually try to post a collage of my favorite photos from the past year as a way of saying thanks on New Year's Eve, but I realized in trying to do that today that I'm not only attempting to express thanks to people from this year, but from the last ten since we're saying goodbye to a whole decade tonight. How do you narrow down and choose when you're trying to pay tribute to the best decade of your life? How do you pick which images make the cut when you have a whole decade to sift through? I found that I just couldn't do it, so I'll say simply: thank you.

You've let me into your homes and your families and allowed me to document your biggest moments. You've allowed me to be with you during the most important times of your lives--I've gotten to be there with you when you said your vows, when you wanted to share the news that a new family member was on the way, and for some of you, when those new family members actually made their debut into the world. I've been able to witness and photograph as your families have grown and gotten more and more awesome every day. I've been with some of you during moments of tragedy, and I've hopefully been able to provide some comfort in times of sorrow with photos of those who are no longer with us. You've cheerfully followed me underwater and helped me to develop a whole new arm (or fin?) for my company, putting your faith in me that I wouldn't let you drown. You've given me your business, your loyalty, and your trust, and even though you may not have realized it, every time you've chosen me to photograph something for you and every time you've been willing to lend me your hand or your face or your time, you've made every single moment of this weird, sometimes extremely stressful, always crazy rewarding, bizarre yet wonderful job of mine worth all the effort.

So, to sum it all up: thank you for making the past ten years phenomenal. When I took the leap to do this full-time, I wasn't completely sure what to expect, but all of you and your unwavering support have made Rachel Sullivan Photography an adventure I never could have expected in my wildest dreams. If I've never told you before, please know that I'm grateful.

Wishing you and yours the happiest of new years...please be safe tonight, however you choose to welcome 2020. I can't wait to see what the next decade brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment