Friday, June 19, 2020

Carson and Peyton: A Year in the Life

When I photograph sessions with infants, I like to include some kind of special distinctive posing stand or prop that I carry through and feature in each of a baby's first year's worth of sessions, because while the baby grows and changes, the prop or posing stand obviously does not. It's a cute way to compare how very small a baby was in the beginning versus how much they've changed over the first year, because sometimes it's a little hard to realize just how much growth happens in that first 365. And I normally don't combine birthday posts, but in this very special case, I happen to have two very special ladies who were born only 6 days apart, so here it feels relevant as I've had the pleasure of photographing them and watching them throughout their first years one right after the other. So with that in mind, I present to you two side-by-sides of these two sweet girls.

On the top of this image, you have Miss Carson Ann, born June 14th, 2019--both photos feature the same little rustic wooden flower cart I procured once I found out Amanda and Brandon were having a girl. I knew I wanted to include it for her newborn portraits, and I brought it along the other day for her 1st birthday portraits for the fun of comparison. To see her standing next to it now, it's hard to believe she ever fit so neatly on that cart!

On the bottom of this image is Miss Peyton Grace, born June 20th, 2019, and the little cream colored vintage trunk we used for her newborn "Beauty and the Beast" themed portraits. I searched high and low for the perfect trunk for this little lady, and of course we knew it needed to make an appearance for her first birthday portraits as well. It's crazy to look at her now and think that at one point not so long ago, we were able to fit her right on top of the trunk with room to spare!



I feel the way I always do when a baby I know hits a milestone like their first birthday--so happy, slightly incredulous that a whole year has passed by in what feels like the blink of an eye, and as always, super grateful to be able to help my clients with occasions that are so important.

To the Whited and Sturm families, thank you for allowing me to capture your happy moments. It is truly an honor.

Wishing the happiest of birthdays to Carson and Peyton. It's such a delight to get to watch you both grow. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment