Tuesday, November 17, 2020

2020 Santa Mini Sessions...fun, festive, and safe!


 

Hello, everyone! We are so excited about this year's mini-sessions with Santa Jim and I can't wait to see you all! I want to get those of you who are joining us this year up to speed on the safety precautions we're taking in light of the pandemic to keep you (and us!) healthy. The things we're employing to make sure we're being smart and safe are in line with CDC recommendations (and they really probably won't be a huge shock to you because I think that we're all pretty much pros at navigating this weird ol' year at this point), but just so we're all on the same page, here's what to expect for the 2020 minis!

--We will once again be hosting the mini sessions in beautiful Langford Park near downtown Orlando, and since being outside in the fresh air makes it easier for everyone to socially distance, it works out perfect!

--On our end, Brendan and Brianna will be wearing their masks all day, and Santa will have his on other than when he's being photographed (with options for having him masked during your sessions as well--I'll cover that in more detail here in just a few.) I will wear my mask when I am not actively taking photos--wearing it when I am actually shooting = me fogging up my camera to the point that I can't see you and of course that's not good, ha. Luckily I'm rarely super close to anyone since my zoom lenses (bless them) allow me to maintain a good distance, but at point when I'm not shooting or needing to be closer than 6 feet, my mask will be on.

--Santa Jim has a special sanitizing spray for his suit that he'll be using in between each session, and he will have a brand new set of gloves for each group/session.

--Of course, we're also going to be utilizing smart cleaning of all sets and set pieces, props, and high-touch surfaces in between each session to make sure everything is safe and sparkly clean for everyone before they hop in front of the camera.

--When you arrive, we ask that every member of your party please wear a mask (with the exception of those younger than 3). You'll need to keep your masks on and fully covering your mouth and nose until it's time to begin your session. You and your group are welcome to take them off once it's go-time and you're in front of the camera, but if for any reason you would feel most comfortable keeping yours on for your session, that's absolutely welcome! The same goes for Santa--Santa Jim will have his festive mask on anytime he's not actually being photographed, but if you prefer he wears his during your session that's completely fine. A lot of my clients this year have wanted to go mask-free for the bulk of their sessions while throwing their masks back on toward the end for just a few photos, so if you want to go mask-free or masked-up the whole time, no problem, and if you want to do a combo, also completely okay.

--As soon as you arrive to check in for your session, we'll be welcoming you with a handful of hand sanitizer for each member of the family, taking everyone's temperatures with our no-contact infrared thermometer, and then having you fill out your session release with a freshly sanitized pen.

--Since we're all pros at socially distancing now, we know it won't surprise you when we ask that you keep the space between your group/family and other guests. Doesn't mean you can't say hello, chat, catch up, etc. Just wear your masks and don't stand right on top of each other--pretty standard stuff.

--For social distancing options in front of the camera, I'll be speaking with each guest/group as to their comfort level prior to the start of your photos to make sure we're on the same page with poses and other options to make sure you get to have fun and feel safe. Our set is super cool this year and comes with some awesome options for social distancing built right in in a not-awkward way, so you'll have some choices as to how close you'll actually be to Santa. (I don't want to spoil the surprises so that's all I'll say about that, but Brendan and I worked really really hard on the set this year to make sure we have a fun, festive, interactive set that allows for some distance in cases where people are more comfortable with that! I know you're going to love it.)

--Like usual, we will have a cooler with bottles of water and juice boxes, and I will have pre-packaged and sealed goody bags for you! If you happen to feel uncomfortable taking a bag or beverage though, no worries at all. I'll have them there for those of you comfortable enough to take them.

--Finally (and not related to covid, but while I have you here I thought I'd add this info), we are still going to do our toy drive for Toys for Tots! Last year we did this and it was a rousing success; thanks to your generosity we were able to donate about 200 toys to the Orlando Toys for Tots chapter and I know it made us feel so good to be able to help less fortunate children and families in our community. If you would like to participate, simply bring a new and unwrapped toy or game and we'll handle the rest! Anyone who donates will receive a $10 voucher toward your next portraits with us. If you can't or don't want to participate though, totally fine, please don't feel obligated.

I think I've covered everything and I am doing my absolute best to not only keep us safe, but to make you FEEL safe...I am truly humbled and delighted that you all choose me and trust me with your photos, and I want you to feel like I'm as trustworthy with your health and wellness as I am with your photos, so if you have concerns or questions, please please PLEASE do not hesitate to message me. I'm here to answer any questions you might have!

On behalf of Santa Jim, we're so looking forward to seeing you all for this year's event! Thanks as always, and if you have any questions, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment