Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Website Updates, Memory Lane Trips

I've been working on updating my website over the last week after a refresh on my gallery pages that my super awesome and incredibly talented web designer Erick did for me to improve how the site loaded on mobile. (If you're in need of a web designer extraordinaire, give me a shout and I'll happily supply you with his contact info; he's the best!) Anyways, as I worked on getting my galleries full and pretty again, I came across more than a few images from years ago that I still like. This made me feel pretty good, because I'm notoriously hard on myself and very critical of my own work. Seeing a few oldies but goodies was a nice little surprise as I was working and sorting out what needed to go into my new and improved gallery pages.

I know I can say with confidence that anyone who works in any sort of creative field would agree when I say that going through older work is sometimes cringe-worthy; very often when we look back at where we were skill-wise a handful of years ago, those of us in the artistic disciplines want to cry, rip our eyes out, drink a gallon of vodka, or all of the above. So to find a handful of images from back when I was really just getting this machine that is RSP fired up that I still like made me feel pretty darn good. Also, giant shout-out to my clients who were so willing to help me as I got up and running back then; a lot of them are still with me now, still trusting me to capture the important stuff in their lives, and that's no small thing.

Here's to progress, to revisiting some old favorites, and to the realization that even though I'll never stop being my own sharpest critic, sometimes it's nice to look back. It lets me see how far I've come and also helps me to appreciate that even when I was just getting things figured out, I got lucky with a few shots here and there. Onward and upward, friends, but enjoy a few of my recently unearthed faves from the archives. Here's hoping you are well as we all dive into spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment